Physical appearance is often impacted by stubborn excess fat or lack of muscle tone. By reducing fat and strengthening muscle in targeted areas, you can sculpt your body into a shape that better meets your aesthetic goals. CoolSculpting and CoolTone have both made their mark as effective body sculpting treatments.
Through advanced toning and fat reduction technologies, each can be used in different applications to help our patients address a variety of concerns, from excess submental fat to lack of muscular definition in the abdomen. At Tondue Medical Spa, we offer both services, and we can help you determine which treatment is right for you.
What Is CoolTone?
CoolTone is a revolutionary, non-surgical treatment that leverages Active Magnetic Pulse™ (AMP™) technology to strengthen, tone, and firm the muscles of each target area.
How Does CoolTone Work?
CoolTone’s AMP technology penetrates into the muscle layers and induces involuntary muscle contractions. The body responds to these contractions by strengthening its muscle fibers, resulting in improved muscle conditioning. Unlike workouts that target muscle groups at the surface level, CoolTone reaches deeper layers, ensuring a thorough, effective treatment.
What Does CoolTone Treat?
Primarily, CoolTone treatment targets the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. It’s perfect for those who want to enhance their current exercise and diet regimen, individuals who need a jump-start in toning their muscles, or people recovering from certain medical conditions that limit their mobility.
- Non-Invasive: CoolTone is a non-surgical procedure, meaning there are no incisions, no anesthesia, and no recovery period. It’s a treatment that can be done during a lunch break, depending on how many areas you are having treated.
- Targeted Muscle Toning: The procedure targets and strengthens muscles more effectively than any exercises that you could do on your own. This means that the results can be much more noticeable in a shorter amount of time.
- Customizable: We can set CoolTone to different levels of intensity based on what you can tolerate.
- Fast Results: With consistent sessions, generally between four and eight over two to four weeks, you can start to see results within a couple of weeks.
What Is CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is an FDA-approved, non-surgical procedure for body contouring that utilizes a method known as cryolipolysis. It targets and freezes unwanted fat cells, leading to their natural elimination from the body.
How Does CoolSculpting Work?
CoolSculpting works by applying controlled cooling to target fat cells beneath the skin without affecting the skin itself. These fat cells, when exposed to the cold, begin to freeze and then die. Over time, your body naturally processes and eliminates these dead cells, leading to a more sculpted appearance.
What Does CoolSculpting Treat?
CoolSculpting is incredibly versatile, capable of treating various areas of the body where stubborn fat tends to accumulate. This includes the abdomen, love handles, back, thighs, beneath the buttocks (also known as banana roll), upper arms, and even the submental area (under the chin). If you have pinchable fat on your body, it is likely that it can be treated with CoolSculpting.
- Targeted Fat Reduction: CoolSculpting allows for precise targeting of fat cells in problem areas, helping you achieve the shape you desire with up to 20-25% fat reduction.
- Non-Surgical Body Sculpting: CoolSculpting offers an alternative to surgical procedures such as liposuction for individuals who are not good candidates for more invasive fat reduction methods.
- No Downtime: You can return to your normal activities immediately following a CoolSculpting treatment.
- Long-Lasting Results: Once the treated fat cells are gone, they’re gone for good, providing lasting results as long as a healthy lifestyle is maintained.
Comparing CoolTone and CoolSculpting Treatments
Purpose of Treatment
The primary purpose of CoolSculpting is to eliminate stubborn fat cells in various parts of your body. It is best for patients who specifically want to target excess fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. On the other hand, CoolTone focuses on muscle toning and strengthening. It may be best for those who want to strengthen their muscles but don’t have a lot of excess fat.
The Treatment Process
The CoolSculpting process involves applying a cooling applicator to the target area where the tissue will be drawn up into the device with gentle suction. While it can bring a cold or tingling sensation, it is relatively comfortable, and most people are able to relax, read, or use their phones during treatments.
Because CoolTone causes involuntary muscle contractions, the sensation can feel unusual but is not painful. It may feel like an intense workout for your muscles without the effort.
Maintenance of Results
Maintaining the results of each type of treatment may involve different strategies. For CoolSculpting, once the fat cells are eliminated from the body, they are gone for good. However, remaining fat cells can still enlarge with weight gain. Maintaining a stable weight through a balanced diet and regular exercise is crucial for preserving your CoolSculpting results.
In the case of CoolTone, the strengthened and toned muscles will also require upkeep. Regular physical activity and a protein-rich diet can support muscle mass and help maintain the tone achieved from the CoolTone treatments. Some of our patients choose to have periodic maintenance CoolTone sessions to keep their muscles in peak condition.
Combining CoolTone and CoolSculpting
CoolTone and CoolSculpting can complement each other well. Some patients may benefit from a combination of fat reduction and muscle toning. We can discuss your individual treatment plan when you come in for a body sculpting consultation.
Body Contouring Treatment Options in Rochester, MI
If you are searching for body contouring options in Rochester, MI, we can help at Tondue Medical Spa. Our CoolSculpting and CoolTone treatments offer a wide range of benefits for many different patients. You can schedule services through our online contact form, or you can call us today at (989) 447-4141 to get more information.